Things you hate-love…

You’ve heard the phrase, “I hate-love it.”  Simply put, it means you hate all kinds of things about [your hate-love here], but like a moth to a flame, you can’t seem to quit it because you also have some kind of perverted love for it!  It’s an incongruous state of mind.


Oxford Dictionary defines it:
hate-love noun

An emotional state in which both hate and love are experienced towards a particular person or thing.


I'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head, I can think of three things I hate-love:

MyPillow®- I hate it because of the man who sells it.  But I love it because it really is comfortable.  And finding a comfortable pillow is like searching for the proverbial Golden Fleece.  Good freakin’ frackin’ luck with that!

Football- I hate it because it’s a stupid, rough, vicious, brutal, “you gotta take this thing… and get it to the other end of the field” brainless sport.  Childish.  But I (sorta) love it because a.) if you are raised in Ohio, it is drilled into you from an early age, especially by male influences in your life, and b.) it gives me two "state pride" teams to root for (Bengals and Browns), plus it’s better than watching political shows all day Sunday (a different kind of “mental” brutality/abuse).  Which brings up...

Politics- I hate it because it is so tribal, gridlocked, lacking in compromises.  [Bastards!]  But I love it because it’s intriguing, like watching a soap opera, but real life.  IOW, “Who is doing what (mostly nasty) thing to whom today?” [Bastards!] 

So, what are some things you hate-love?  Explain.

(by Primal “🎝All you need is hate-love🎜” Soup)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices