What you wanted to be but didn't become

 For starters, still painting, should be done by end of week. Now on with my theme of the day:

What you wanted to be when growing up, but didn't quite become.

Oh, I had so many wild fantasies growing up. I never imagined I would become a landscaper or a home painter or a sandblaster. Or a chocolate maker. Yup, did that for a couple of years too.

My first fantasy was to become a writer. I not only wrote short stories, usually social commentaries, for my highschool newspaper, but I submitted some of them to other out of town highschools and to my astonishment, some were published. I even attempted to write a book while still in my teens, but got bored with it so quickly I realized writing wasn't in it for me.

My next fantasy also started in highschool. I joined a theater group and we put on plays for our parents and guests, and I discovered I had a knack for acting. I always remembered my lines, I got "into" character and was applauded for my efforts. But that didn't go far. After highschool I went wondering and wherever I wondered I tried to get in with some local theater groups. I actually succeeded, playing mainly in some cafes and basement theaters - they were all the rage back in the 70s.

But the pay was abysmal and the work irregular and you were NOT going to be "discovered" playing in such small venues. So after a spell I gave it up.

So, what about you? Did you ever have any fantasies of what you wanted to be when you grew up? 

To make this more interesting, how about fantasies that were NOT fulfilled. Wanted to be a fireman but ended up being an office clerk instead? That sort of thing.

Things you not only fantasized about but actually tried your hand at. But the fantasy died because it wasn't what you hoped or it just didn't work out.

Any wanna be astronauts in here?



                                    The only photo  I still possess from my acting days 😕








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices