NOT the post I intended

 I had a weird experience this morning, and want to share it with you all.

I have been hearing and reading a lot lately about American Imperialism. Especially as relating to the number of military bases and military personnel on foreign soil. 

How China's and Russia's new military adventures are results of feeling boxed in by Imperialist expansion of U.S. "influence."

In preparation, I had read some leftist and left-leaning publications that all had very unfavorable views about the U.S. and it's supposed "imperialist" ambitions. Also read articles disputing the claim and defending U.S. presence abroad.

Was ready to post that thread when that weird experience hit me. It was this:

I DIDN'T WANT TO POST THAT THREAD!

I just sat here thinking to myself, this is just going to lead to some strong disagreements that will devolve into name calling, insults and ridicule.

BECAUSE FOLKS: NO ONE is ever allowed to have a different opinion anymore. How do I know this?

Go to ANY forum that leans left and see how the regulars demean and belittle any conservative or rightwing views. Go to ANY forum that leans right and watch the name-calling and personal attacks on anyone that expresses a leftist view.

EVEN go to a site where there is supposed to be a balance, and where the rules even state that all views are welcome, and you will still find ridicule of anyone who disagrees with another's views.

 You can't have your own views, because they are wrong, you are uneducated or misinformed, or just plain ignorant.

SO, with my finger poised to post the thread I intended, I simply didn't do it. I thought "OH, to Hell with it."

SO, instead have at it if you want to, and consider the following questions, if you want to:

Is the U.S. an Imperialistic nation? How does she compare to other nations like China and Russia?

Are views being expressed on various forums no longer respected, everyone expects an echo chamber?

Should Snowy stop being such a SNOWFLAKE and post more politically volatile threads and just take the heat?

OR, for that matter, any OTHER opinions you have on any OTHER subject, just to make this more interesting.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices