My Team SUCKS! And I don't care.

 I live in Cleveland.  Cleveland prides itself on a number of things.  The Orchestra, which is considered among the world's best.  Amazing museums.  And its sports fans.  That's right, the sports fans.  Not the teams.  The teams, well, not to put too fine a point on it...


No joke.  Cleveland has such a history of losing teams that when one of our local franchises actually won a title, the celebration downtown was so jam-packed, so iconic, that several political campaigns have stolen the visual to produce bogus memes of their candidates' popularity.


That was five years ago.  At the time, it had been something like fifty years since a Cleveland team of any sort had taken the national title.  

And yet the local fans pride themselves on being The Greatest Fans Anywhere.  

This, to me, is like saying, "I have no taste, and I'm damn proud of it!  I love watching my team suck!"

Do you say, "Wow, this TV show bites the big one.  Let's binge the rest of the season!"?  No.

Do you say, "Boy, that book was dull and unimaginative.  I'll go get the rest of the author's work!"?  No.

So why, O why, do people say, "Watching my team is downright painful.  What time does the game start today?"

AlextheKay wants to know!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices