LOSS.


How does one deal with loss of  one near and dear? I am working my way through the death of my companion, lover, friend; my wife of 65 years. Many here have been through such a situation and I wonder how they have coped.





Edward Hopper. Rooms by the sea. 1951.

Hopper, the painter of empty, reflects how I feel. I'm lucky in that I have a close, loving family, many of whom have travelled from BC and Alberta to Ontario for the Memorial. That's the sun filling that empty room.

I  don't want to make a Spanish tragedy of this as at our age we tend to get sick and die; close friends have had similar loss when far younger, but I have never been in a the position before. My parents were old and far away.


Posted by This Style 10/6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices