Tell your tale of trolling past!

 Trolls infest the online world.  They always have.  Back in the earliest days of this medium, we called them "energy creatures," a coinage by writer David Gerrold, signifying how they gobbled up the energy in the room, killing discussions.

I was reminded of this just a bit earlier today, when some twit came out of the blue, attacking me for saying I'd been online 40 years ago before the internet properly existed.  (Of course, I hadn't said "internet," I'd said "online.")  Why was this a classic example of a troll?  Because the discussion really had nothing to do with the history of online debate.  And it was on a thread that ended over five months ago. 

"Get a life," right?

But I've seen worse.  Much worse.  And I have to admit, some of them were pretty entertaining in their horrible way.  

So tell us your troll story!  Regale us with tales of troll-hunting past!

--AlextheKay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices