DIRECTION OF THIS CHANNEL

 I took a couple of weeks off to close down my cottage (in Canada), and returned to find a world of anger, angst, anxiety and fear.

Ah the joy of being an American, no universal health care, armed citizens, feuding neighbors, and a failing political system.

I know that my original intent was, a stated in the Comment PolicyThis is a place for news, politics, general discussion, topics of interest, humor.

Feel free to post non-political news, personal opinions, observations on the human condition, as well as personal stories, or about whatever interests you. Quirky fun stuff is always welcome as well.

I know I have seen a steady departure of our more virulent political commenters, and there are other forums that allow more name-calling, insults and ridiculing and they get more traffic, and that is fine, for those who want that sort of thing.

I also see participation rates down across the board, so suspect people are getting tired of the format or all the Disqus glitches, or maybe, like myself, finding real life more fulfilling.

I have contemplated running this as more of a deep and analytical political forum, but Germaine is already running such, and successfully, so no need to have two forums with the same direction, so will stick with what I originally intended on here.

I am thankful to the authors I do have that post regularly topics that are fun and/or apolitical, though, again, they get less traffic than the political ones.

For today, I am glad to be back home, the weather is nice out, a bit nippy but sunny, and I intend to spend some time outdoors.

WHICH REMINDS ME:

For today's topic, what do YOU do when you are not on here?

What are your hobbies, interests, spare time activities?

What (besides politics) stirs your blood?

Inquiring minds wanna know




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices