What's your plans for the summer?

 The school year lets out a bit later here in Canada. Today is my last day cross guarding then off for two months. 

Originally it was thought we would have to spend some time back in Minnesota to help out Geri's disabled daughter. Now it appears she is doing better and getting help from friends enough so we don't need to go for a long stay, just a short visit.

I am dying to see Toronto again. I have been told I will be disappointed, she won't be the same ole gal she was before.  She was a frequent stop in my younger years when Yorkville was a hippie hangout and great acts would show up at the El Mocambo. 

https://joesplace.online/my-yorkville-village-memories/

https://soundsliketoronto.ca/en/stories/venues/el-mocambo

Maybe Montreal will be a destination. I haven't seen Mike since before the pandemic. Mike, Gordon and I were an inseparable bunch back in our youth. Mike was the first to move to Canada, to Montreal to attend university and never came back. Gordon never left his home town in Minny. Still a bachelor. Sheesh. And me............ well everyone here knows where I've been and what I've done. 

Sadly, this won't be the summer where I wanted to make two more trips before I melt into oblivion. I want to return for a visit to my parent's native land - Germany. Was there twice, vowed to return some day. Also want to visit one more time - before I melt away - to North Carolina. (Same as Toronto, a frequent spot I visited in my youth, might not be the same now)

But enough about me, what are YOUR plans for the summer? Like me, planning any trips? Staying put? Tending the garden? Hanging around SNOWFLAKE'S FORUM? (surely you have something better to do!)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices