Let’s get grouchy… 😡

…in a “making fun of” kind of way. 😜  The subject today is ridiculous product packaging.

My husband was having some itching, so I bought him some Cortizone-10 cream yesterday.

My… what a big box for such a tiny tube.  But hey, the company needs all that space to get its messages out.  “It does this, it does that, it does the other.”  “Do this with it, don’t do that with it, here’s our ‘not so secret’ ingredients,” etc.

When you look inside, you see the tube, about the size of (let’s just say) your “middle finger” (get it? 😉).


Now, here’s the kicker.  As you may have noticed (I didn’t until after-the-fact) there’s still a coupon on the box that says “Save 55¢ Now!”  It’s stuck on the front of the package (or maybe it’s the back, since both sides of the box look exactly alike, I guess for stocking purposes).

Hmm, 55¢, what an interesting number.  Not some kind of common number like 50¢ or 75¢, no.  But specifically, 55¢. 🤔 💭 Was there some kind of cost/benefit analysis thing going on there, where the company knew that 55¢ would be the limit where they could still make a profit by giving back that specific amount? What’s going on with that coupon dynamic is, in itself, interesting to think about.  But I digress.  Continuing on …

Like me, the cashier evidently didn’t notice the coupon either because it never got taken off and redeemed ("Now!") at checkout.  Evidence shows it’s still in place. In other words, another (let’s just call it) “up the poop shoot” moment. 🤷  However, it's also "my bad" for not keeping the cashier on her toes.  I take 50% responsibility for that.  She is not her brother’s, ‘er, I mean sister’s keeper.  I share in her guilt.

Well, that was fun, in a “making fun of” kind of way.  I hope you got a chuckle or two out of it.

Do you have any questions, comments, war stories to share?  Tell us about your commercial packaging experiences.  Give us a laugh/cry.

(by PrimalSoup)

P.S.  The itching is going away. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices