What's on YOUR head?

 


Anyone who has been following my personal exploits the last few years might remember that a couple of years back I had a melanoma removed from the top of my head and a skin draft placed in the hole. Since then I have been wearing a head covering.
I have a fine collection of hats: a straw hat, a military style camouflage hat, a Tilly hat. I even have a collection of tuques for winter. BUT never a cap.
Even indoors in public spaces I wear something like this:


Everywhere I go I see caps. Baseball caps. Political caps. Oil company caps. Plain caps, Caps with smart-ass sayings on them. Nike caps. Used to be, growing up, you took off your cap when in a restaurant having a meal. NOT nowadays. Caps everywhere. No one takes them off. Nope, not a cap person, are you?

Then there are religious headwear. Everything from turbans to hijab to kippah to head bonnets. 

Now wearing religious headwear I understand if you are a strong believer in your religion, but one kind of hat that is worn almost with religious-like reverence is the cowboy hat. If you listen to country music, work on a ranch, or  like to pass yourself off as a country boy, you need a cowboy hat.  Amirite??

Each their own. I wear a headcovering now for a reason. Not into fashion, culture, religion or just being partial to hats. I spent most of my life without a headcovering unless to keep off the sun or the cold. Was never my thing. But........... each their own.

SO..........

What's on YOUR head? Wear something to cover your bald spot? For religious reasons? Because you look "cool" in a hat? Or just something you have always done without really thinking about it?

Inquiring minds (or if you prefer - nosy minds) are curious. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices