God help me! It's here -- the kitchen remodel!

Back in the days of yesteryear, ancient times, long, long ago -- okay, just before the pandemic struck, I was going to do a kitchen remodel.  My old kitchen was falling apart and pretty ratty looking. Plus, I had the money.

Then came covid, and that took the project off the table.  Three years pass, and I find I have far more money (don't ask) and a new contractor. So now I'm not just remodeling the kitchen.  I'm tearing down the wall between the kitchen and dining room, replacing all the appliances and more.  What fun!


But I can't just have no kitchen.  I'm diabetic, and you have to refrigerate insulin and similar meds.  So I set up a kitchen in the basement, with a mini-fridge, a convection oven, a hot plate and a microwave.  No running water, but that's the only drawback.  Well, that and the terrorization of the cats.

Anyone got any good basement recipes?

          AlextheKay has too much time on his hands          


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices