Are you man (or woman) enough to drive a Pink Cadillac?

A bit dated, missed it, but found it and thought to myself, I wonder how many men would be caught dead driving a pink Cadillac? 

Today is: Pink Cadillac Day - actually it was Sept. 1


This day is dedicated to pink Cadillacs, which have an iconic place in American culture, most notably because of Elvis Presley. Elvis mentioned a pink Cadillac in his first charting single, "Baby Let's Play House," which was released in April 1955, and bought his first pink Cadillac around the same time. It was destroyed in a roadside fire in June 1955. His second Cadillac was a 1955 Fleetwood Series 60. He had a neighbor paint it pink for him, and gave it to his mother Gladys. Elvis still did most of the driving of it. Elvis also bought himself a white with pink roofed 1961 Cadillac Coupe de Ville upon returning home from his service in Germany. It now is on display in Graceland.

The Story Behind the Story - Real Men Drive Pink


– and this happened recently when I was filling the car with gas – a guy said, “I wouldn’t be caught dead driving around in a car that color,” insinuating that somehow I was letting down the entire male species by driving a pink car.

However:

I’ve driven pink Cadillacs for a lot of years, and I’ve gotten a lot of attention. It’s not unusual for people to stop, pivot, point and smile as I drive past. Some people squint or lift up their sunglasses as if to say, “Is that car pink?” Some people will flash enthusiastic thumbs-up. Some people take pictures. Some people drive past and do double takes before smiling and nodding their heads! Some people leave notes on the windshield that say things like, “Love your car!”


SNOWY never drove a pink car, let alone a pink Cadillac, but I once did paint a bathroom pink, when I tried that on our new apartment I was quickly put in my place with a firm "No!"

So whatcha think, would you be caught dead driving a Pink Cadillac? Or wearing a pink shirt? Or painting a bathroom pink?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices