When bad luck turns good

 Ever had a piece of really bad luck that turned out to be good?

About seven years ago, I was puttering around in my kitchen when I heard a really loud, sudden ThUd!!  I knew something had hit the house.  "Must be that tree limb that's been overhanging the deck," thought I, and went out back.  Nope, the deck was limb-free.  I strolled all the way around the house, peering up to spot any problems.  

The last place I expected it, of course, was the back of my attached garage, next to my neighbor's driveway.  And there it was.  My neighbor's car was embedded in the back of my garage.  Apparently, the poor old guy had hit the gas rather than the brake and driven out of his garage, crossed twelve feet of lawn, knocked over a small tree and smashed into my garage.   

(Not an actual picture of my garage.  Can't find those shots)

My insurance company and his had to argue the payments.  But here's the thing:  in my suburb all siding that is visible from the street must match.  His insurance didn't just have to pay for garage repairs and the new siding on the back.  They had to buy me all new siding for the entire house!  I got my 30-year-old siding replaced entirely for free.

Not too long after that, I had to replace the roof.  My friends joked that with my luck, someone would drive into the roof, and I'd get it done for free.

So:  what kind of bad luck have you had that turned out to be good luck in disguise?

  If AlextheKay didn't have good luck, he wouldn't have no luck at all  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We could use some elbow grease here…

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

When Life Hands You Lemons