And the winner for "Most Boring Winner Ever" is......

 So the other night I'm perusing a list of Oscar Winning Films, and I'm struck by how many I absolutely never, never, never want to watch again.  But I'm a generous guy. If I'm going to insult a film, I'll give it another award for being boring!  That's fair, isn't it?



My nominees for The Most Boring Oscar Winner Ever are--

Out of Africa.  Panoramas.  More panoramas.  Yet more!  Wow, what pretty pictures. That go on for hours. And hours. And hours.

The English Patient, a film about a Hungarian hospitalized in an Italian monastery.  I don't remember why the title seemed to make sense at the time.

The Greatest Show on Earth.  No, it really isn't.

Dances with Wolves.  Famously seen as one man's vision.  Unfortunately, a lot of the rest of us watched it, too.

How Green Was My Valley.  Best remembered for beating Citizen Kane.  Comes to that, only remembered for beating Citizen Kane.

Others?  An embarrassment of riches to pick from.   The Great Ziegfield!  Lawrence of Arabia!  Ben-Hur! The Deer Hunter!  

Which ones did you hate?  And why?  And who should have won?

  AlextheKay is sick of politics today 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices