A short personal thread by Snowflake

 Frustrated? Ya bet I am!

This thread will primarily be of interest to those who have been following me over the years, even back before I had my own channel.

You know I have been planning a move back to Canada. I had also hoped that once squarely landed back in the town I had lived in for 30 years, to do some more personal blogs, life stories and such.

However, every step along the way God, or Fate, or Bad Luck has gotten in my way. Covid set back the time table. I owned a nice little cottage by the lake in northern Ontario that was supposed to be my retirement home, but a storm knocked a tree onto the cottage and severely damaged it. 

Luckily one of the workmen I hired to do repairs was so in love with the property and location he offered me above property value  to buy the lot. So I sold it.

Over the last year I have sorted out the paper work, not only for myself but for Geri as well, and it was just a matter of finding a home and the move would be happening.

Now Geri has gotten sick. Not life threatening sick, but sick enough to again put the move on hold.

Even the application for health insurance has been put in, which only requires us to have a permanent residence in Ontario to activate. Now on hold. 😟

My intention, originally, was to do a much longer thread about WHY I wanted so badly to move back to Canada, how it all came about, how I managed to persuade Geri, who had never lived in Canada, to move with me.

Once she is over the hump on this illness she has contracted,  the move - I hope - will finally be made.

The reason for posting this: I will be less active over the next little while (weeks? months? I don't know how long). I need to take care of Geri, and once recovered, we will be crossing the border to find a permanent residence - hopefully a small townhouse, or a ground floor apartment.

I will be lurking though. To make sure no one takes advantage of my absence. I will still post the odd thread, and will try to drop by when I can to leave comments on other's threads.

I am sure Alex will help me keep an eye on the spam and pending filters within the moderation panel, to clear any comments stuck there, or delete them if inappropriate.

I am also asking, in fact BEGGING, that those of you who have signed on as authors will start being a bit more active to keep this channel going. I really need your help on this. Some of course already do more than their fair share and I am grateful for that.

I will be back in the full swing eventually, and yes, I will keep everyone here updated about what is going on with the planned move as time allows. 

Please do your part to not let this channel sag. We all want Snowflake's Forum, to be around for a long time - right? RIGHT?




Side note: If anyone wants to be an author on here, like I said, I will still be lurking, so just tag me to let me know and I will reply (when I can) on what it takes to add you as an author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices