BEING THANKFUL

 THANKSGIVING

A time of year to give thanks, supposedly.

I know it is more about family gatherings, eating turkey, drinking booze, but HEY, why quibble?

Surely, this time of year there are things to be THANKFUL about, right?

Trump defeated, Covid 19 vaccine on the horizon, the end of Global Warming (ok, never mind that one)

People, generally speaking, so don't take offense, are pessimistic rather than optimistic, so are more likely to say "Thanks for NOT something happening", like Trump NOT winning, or NOT getting Covid 19, or being thankful nothing bad happened to you or your loved ones.

Rather than being THANKFUL for something that DID happen, like a sunny day, a happy announcement, a warm hug, a pain-free day, a good movie or a good book, or your favorite football team winning.

SO at this time of year I am reminded of the lyrics of one of my favorite hippie songs, goes like this:


And the sign said, "Everybody welcome. Come in, kneel down and pray"

But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all

I didn't have a penny to pay

So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign

I said, "Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me. I'm alive and doin' fine"

Wooo!


I'm alive and doin' fine.


And that is enough to be thankful for.


What about you?



posted by SNOWFLAKE 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices