I need your brains!

Don't worry, I don't want to eat them, just pick them.

My fellow addict and house mate and I are working hard to turn my house into a sober living home, which will be a place where recovering addicts can rent a room and have a safe and supportive place to stay while they concentrate on getting their lives back together. I am doing research, trying to make sure this whole thing is legal. So I contacted DHS (Department of Human Services in my state). They sent me some paperwork to fill out so they can tell me what statutes and rules I have to follow. The first thing they asked on the questionnaire is the business name.

We have done a lot of thinking and discussing about it and come up with the name, Phoenix House.
I decided to check to see if anyone else is using that name, and I'm glad I did. Here is a list of what I found so far:

  • Phoenix House (addiction recovery)
  • Phoenix Rising House (addiction recovery)
  • The Phoenix (addiction recovery)
  • Phoenix Counseling (addiction recovery)
  • Phoenix Place (addiction recovery)
  • Phoenix Inn (hotel chain)
  • Phoenix Rising: The Rise and Fall of the American Republic (book)
  • Phoenix Rising Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation (self explanatory)
  • Phoenix Rising FC Youth Soccer (self explanatory)
  • Phoenix Rising (book)
That's not an exhaustive list, and I'm not sure how to check for patents. Secretary of State has those and a few more, and some of them are inactive accounts. I actually don't know if we have to register a name. There are costs associated with it. 

To make a long story short (too late) I would like to pick your brains for name ideas, legal advice, and any other advice you have to offer. Thanks a lot, guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices