Music can do that…

Here’s something to ponder for the still-weekend (for most of us here).  I was thinking about song lyrics this morning, while waking up in bed (yes, I do my best “thinking” in bed). No wisecracks Snowy. 😉

I had the windows slightly open and I could hear a train whistle in the distance.  Nothing like that “good feeling” you get inside when you hear a distant train rolling along in the “background of your life.”  That’s probably why many-a-song have been inspired by train sounds:

"Good morning, America, how are ya? Said don't you know me? I'm your native son I'm the train they call the City of New Orleans I'll be gone 500 miles when the day is done"

Add in some birds chirping, a warm breeze coming through, and I gotta ask, does it get any better?  Anyway, back to the subject: song lyrics.

I’ve had the privilege of hearing a lot of great song lyrics “In My Life.”  I’d call them more “a version of “poetry”.  Being a child of the ‘60’s, that’s where most of the “formative song lyrics” moved, touched, inspired my soul; many thought-provoking stanzas that have a way of sticking with you for life.

So, what are some of the best song lyrics you've heard in your life?

(by PrimalSoup)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices