Movie night tonight, some friends dropping by, so why am I mentioning this?

 BECAUSE I realized this morning I am out of snacks for the "guys." I like BBQ chips, some of them like nachos and dip. One prefers popcorn. The one that has a lot of salt and butter in it. 

Three friends in total. We are going to watch a movie and then switch over to hockey. Feed our faces. Last night to batch out before G comes home.

So, again, what is the big deal here? Simply this: I am gonna endanger my health and well-being tonight.

What Ultra-Processed Foods Are (and Why They’re So Bad for You)  

They’ve been altered to include fats, starches, sugars and hydrogenated oils

What are ultra-processed foods? 

Think of ultra-processed foods like Frankenstein’s monster: Changed by science until they’re almost unrecognizable from their original form. 

Ultra-processed foods (sometimes called highly processed foods) are foods that have been altered to include fats, starches, sugars, salts and hydrogenated oils extracted from other foods. They’re a patchwork of ingredients, additives and preservatives. 

Some examples of ultra-processed foods are: 

  • Chicken nuggets. 
  • Frozen meals.  
  • Hot dogs. 
  • Packaged soups. 
  • Potato chips. 
  • Soft drinks. 
  • Sweetened breakfast cereals. 
F*ck it, I am gonna pick up some pop while I am at it, to mix with my vodka.
Hot dogs? Hmmmm, not a bad idea at that. Have to pick up buns too if I go with hotdogs. More processed food.

Ultra-processed foods raise your risk of: 

But of course, there’s a reason people eat ultra-processed foods to begin with. They pack a double-whammy: They’re tasty and they’re convenient.

Darn tootin' 

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/ultra-processed-foods/#:~:text=Some%20examples%20of%20ultra-processed%20foods%20are%3A%201%20Chicken,chips.%206%20Soft%20drinks.%207%20Sweetened%20breakfast%20cereals.

Tomorrow, I will go back to healthy eating, I promise!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices