quick update

 I know, I know, who wants to know? Nevertheless, I like to keep the few that are still interested up to date.

Movers booked. We move the first week of august depending: I asked the landlord of the new location not to paint the rooms, I do my own painting (some of you might remember I used to do house painting).

But I did insist on new flooring, landlord agreed but not quite to my specifications, didn't want any carpets but will have to accept them in bedrooms and living room - though the carpeting will be new, the other areas will have new laminate wood flooring.

The hardest part this weekend will be having my brother and his family over later today to go through keepsakes I inherited from my parents but don't want to take with me. My son, who lives in Alberta, has expressed no interest in keepsakes passed down to me from my parents that I wanted to pass on to him.

Geri's daughters on the other hand are very interested in keepsakes and will come over Sunday to take a look at what they want to take home with them.

First time I moved to Canada there were no emotional issues, my parents were still alive and Minnesota is next door to Ontario so visiting was easy and I still had a "family" home to come home to. The family home was sold a few years back and my parents have passed. So I am feeling a bit of homesickness. Silly, ain't it?

Both of Geri's daughters live in Minnesota, so she will miss being close by. And her one daughter can't travel because of a physical condition. And like me, her parents are buried in Minny. She too is going through an emotional withdrawal.

Packing is another issue. Throwing out clothes I have kept for years even though they will never fit me again. So in the end, the movers won't have A LOT to move. We might of done it ourselves with a Uhaul but couldn't be bothered.

Anyway, that is all for now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices