PWoD's Question... (2)


PWoD 

I'm curious as to how folks on this forum feel about valid functions of government, and how it might differ depending on how local that government is. I think most folks who have read my posts know how I feel*, but I'd like to hear some justification for differing viewpoints. Hell, that might even spawn a couple dozen threads, breaking down individual functions.

I've had a few discussions here on (regarding functions of government) how best to implement those functions. Supreme Court decisions can be overturned, as we've seen, so clearly that wasn't a very robust way to make abortion legal country-wide. California at least used to be able to amend the state Constitution with a ballot initiative, which pretty much negates the whole idea of a constitution.


(posted by PrimalSoup for PWoD)


*Can you remind us of some of your specifics, to get the ball rolling?  Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices