A Marijuana Thread

 Just_PrimalSoup (aka Susan)  SNOWFLAKE

Now that recreational marijuana is legal and is being sold in Ohio, I have been toying with the idea of going up to Cleveland and buying some. Now, keep in mind I have no idea what to get, ZERO, other than it has to be an edible. I don’t like the idea of smoking anything. But I wouldn’t mind trying some of the edibles.

I’d be looking for something not too outrageous (i .e., causing me to get stoned out of my mind). Hey, I’m 76 for crying out loud! Just something not too heavy to take the edge off occasionally (other than alcohol).

Here’s a sample website I’ve been looking at. Any suggestions?
https://www.thelandingdispensaries.com/
AlextheKay might also have some suggestions. Anybody else here?


The trouble with dispensing advice on cannabis is that every individual reacts differently and we don't want to cause any harm by giving "advice" without caution.


As for myself, I always smoked the stuff. And back in the day, I never knew nor worried about the strength of a joint. I had a couple of trusted suppliers whose weed never contained any mystery substances and the highs  were always a very awesome high.


When I traveled about and was offered a joint, I accepted without thinking twice about it. But that was then and this is now. The older I got the less I smoked and finally switched to gummies. They didn't do the trick for me. Call it being just old fashioned and even though the high should have been the same - depending on the THC content, I missed having "the drag."


Now it is Geri who is taking cannabis in the form of edibles while I occasionally will take one but I now prefer the drink.


I have absolutely no idea what will be allowed in Ohio in terms of THC strength so looked through Susan's link and damn, their edibles are very high in THC content. Plus we prefer ones with some CBD content.


The closest gummy I found to what Geri takes is indeed low in THC and also contains equal part CBD was this one:


https://columbus-menu.thelandingdispensaries.com/stores/columbus-ohio/product/fruit-punch-entourage-sun-bites-2pk


BUT DAMN, at $6 for just two gummies, that is EXPENSIVE. 

We typically buy our gummies online and buy products that don't offer more than 10mg of THC, though I have on occasion bought gummies as high as 20 mg of THC, but we always look for a CBD balance.

A good example of this would be something like this:

Each 200mg package includes 10 pieces which each contain 10mg of THC and 10mg of CBD

Or you might want to follow the following chart:


THC Dosage Chart






I would welcome anyone who is more familiar with cannabis and edibles to contribute to this conversation and see if they can improve on my recommendations.

One thing is for sure, buying legal won't be cheap. And lastly, your FIRST experience might freak you out. Make you feel like you not in control of your movements or balance. Not everyone reacts the same way. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices