Movies that make you weep.

 I recently did a thread on Westerns.

https://snowflakesforum.blogspot.com/2023/07/abandon-ship.html

Our friend e_monster mentioned shedding tears in one:

I'm glad to hear you got so much out of the saga, Milo. I certainly got all of that out of McMurtry's set of books but less so out of the TV series.

One exception: the death scene of one of the notable characters (don't want to give the story away) actually resulted in me shedding tears, which doesn't happen often for me from cinema.


Now I admit to being an old sap. I bawl my eyes out in movies. And it is hard - or so I've heard - for men to admit they cry let alone cry over a movie. I don't think I ever cried over a western, but yeah, I can get sappy. 


SO come on guys (and gals), don't be shy, admit you DO cry in movies and list the ones that have done you in.


The one that gets me is a little known nothing calling The Spitfire Grill. Have seen it a half dozen times and start bawling half way through each time. First time I saw it I didn't bawl till near the end, but now seeing it again, and knowing what is coming, I start bawling half way through. 


To further this discussion, how does a sound track effect you? I have seen mostly women (but suspect some guys too) start crying when a song comes on in a movie. Hell, my mother used to start crying every time she heard............



Ok folks, your turn!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices