Trial of the CENTURY!

 As the Trial of Trumpy-Dumpty comes staggering to a close, I'm seeing the inevitable "trial of the century" labels.  Hell, I saw one "trial of the millennium" tag.  And that reminded me of how many "trials of the century" I've seen or read about.  People love to blow these things up.  (I mean that figuratively, of course.)

My own favorite "trial of the century" is still the Scopes "Monkey Trial," which barely squeaks in.  It was in 1925, just under 100 years ago.  



But there have been plenty more.  The O.J. Simpson Trial, still controversial even though he died of cancer decades later.  The kidnapping and murder of the Lindburgh baby.  The Scottsboro Boys.  The Clinton Impeachment.  And now: Donald the Strumpet.  (Is my bias showing?)

So what's your choice for trial of the century?  Which one was silliest?  Which ones mattered for more than a few years afterward?  Which provided you with the most entertainment?

YOU ARE THE JURY!  Tell us how you voted!

AlextheKay gets his laughs where he may


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices